I am Assistant Research Professor and Associate Director of Applied Data Science at the USC Department of Computer Science, Research Team Leader and Principal Investigator in the Machine Intelligence and Data Science (MINDS) group at the University of Southern California‘s Information Sciences Institute.
My research core is Networks & Society + Humans & Machines and this is our team:
| Goran Muric
|Di (Diana) Huang
Current Undergraduate & Master Students:
- Divya Choudhary
- Samar Heider (co-supervised with Nanyun Peng)
- Zhixu Li
- Dhruv Mathew
- Vikram Mudaliar
- Vandana Rao
- Mingyue Tang
Alumni Hall of Fame
|Alessandro Bessi||Palash Goyal||Homa Hosseinmardi||Anna Sapienza||Gao Zhenxiang|
|In our lab:||Postdoc||PhD||Postdoc||Postdoc||Postdoc|
|Now at:||Nextbit AI||Samsung AI Research||U. Penn||DTU||U. Connecticut|
My research falls at the intersection of these fields (my resume):
|Network Science||Data Science||Human-Computer Interaction||Computational Social Science|
- Aug 2015 – present, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Research Assistant Professor at the University of Southern California – Viterbi School of Engineering (Department of Computer Science)
- Research Team Leader at the USC’s Information Sciences Institute (my main office is located here in Marina del Rey)
- Associate Director for Applied Data Science and Undergraduate Programs (USC Data Science Programs)
- Principal Investigator at the Machine Intelligence and Data Science research group
Currently teaching (Fall 2018/19): CSCI 599 Special Topics: Data Science for Social Systems (at USC, Los Angeles)
Former Collaborators (students and postdocs)
- At USC:
- Summer 2019: Hanyu Chwe (PhD from Northeastern University), Boli Fang (PhD from Indiana University), Desheng Hu (PhD from Northeastern University), Leonardo Nizzoli (PhD from IIT & University of Pisa), Mark Heimann (PhD from University of Michigan), Mariam Nouh (PhD from Oxford University), Hao Peng (PhD from University of Michigan), Miley Yao (PhD from SUNY Albany); MSc @USC: Mohammad Zaiyan Alam , Deepali Bhola, Divya Choudhary, Ankita Goswami, Samar Heider, Zhixu Li, Xinyi Lin, Dhruv Mathew, Vikram Mudaliar, Huy Tran Nghiem, Divya Suri, Mingyue Tang
- Fall 2018/Spring 2019: Adam Badawy (PhD), Ashok Deb (Phd), Palash Goyal (PhD), Homa Hosseinmardi (Postdoc), Di Huang (PhD), Luca Luceri (PhD student from the University of Bern, Switzerland), Hsien-Te Kao (PhD), Akira Matsui (PhD), Goran Muric (Postdoc), Anna Sapienza (Postdoc), Shen Yan (PhD), Yilei Zeng (PhD), Gao Zhenxiang (Postdoc); Undergrads: Xinyi Peng, Divya Suri, Qufei Wang, Yiyun Zhu, Tong (Sally) Zuo
- Summer 2018: Aseel Addawood (PhD), Ritam Dutt (Undergrad), Mert Ozer (PhD), Zhenyu Qin (Undergrad), Raj Vaza (Undergrad), Zhao Wang (PhD)
- Fall 2017/Spring 2018: Adam Badawy (PhD), Ashok Deb (Phd), Palash Goyal (PhD), Homa Hosseinmardi (Postdoc), Di Huang (Visiting MSc), Hsien-Te Kao (PhD), Akira Matsui (PhD), Goran Muric (Postdoc), Anna Sapienza (Postdoc), Shen Yan (PhD), Yilei Zeng (PhD)
- Summer 2017: Sindhu Ernala (PhD), Sneha Kudugunta (PhD), Hao Peng (PhD), Iacopo Pozzana (PhD), Sree Priyanka Uppu (MSc)
- Fall 2016/Spring 2017: Adam Badawy (PhD), Alessandro Bessi (Visiting PhD), Prathmesh Gat (MSc), Palash Goyal (PhD), Margaret Martin (MSc), Simrat Singh Chhabra (MSc), Archit Srivastava (MSc), Sree Priyanka Uppu (MSc)
- Summer 2016: Laura Alessandretti (Visiting PhD), Adam Badawy (PhD), Prathmesh Gat (MSc), Chiranth Gopal (Visiting Undergrad Student), Margaret Martin (MSc)
- Fall 2015/Spring 2016: Vijayan Balasubramanian (MSc), Zeyu Dai (MSc), Zekun Li (MSc), Margaret Martin (MSc), Mahesh Tandarpally (MSc), Wenqiang Wang (MSc)
- At Indiana University: Onur Varol, Clayton A. Davis, Zeyao Yang, Lei Le, Jaehyuk Park, Qing Ke, Azadeh Nematzadeh, Prashant Shiralkar, Jasleen Kaur, Rachael Fulper, Pablo Moriano, Alex Barron, Mohsen Jafariasbagh, Michael D. Conover, Karissa McKelvey, Bryce Lewis, Kehontas Rowe
- The datasets adopted in my research on Social Networks are available on request.
- The WERW-Kpath algorithm to compute the Kpath Edge Centrality has been released.
- The CONCLUDE community detection algorithm has been released.
- The Python Data Scientist toolbox is a list of useful resources, tutorials, and libraries to proficiently use Python for Data Science.