I am Assistant Research Professor and Associate Director of Informatics at the USC Department of Computer Science, Research Team Leader and Principal Investigator in the Machine Intelligence and Data Science (MINDS) group at the University of Southern California‘s Information Sciences Institute.
My research core is AI in Humans, Machines, Networks, and Society and this is our team:
| Homa Hosseinmardi
| Goran Muric
|Di (Diana) Huang
Current Undergraduate & Master Students:
- Zhixu Li
- Dhruv K Mathew
- Vikram Mudaliar
- Xinyi Peng
- Qufei (Lina) Wang
- Yiyun (Yvonne) Zhu
- Tong (Sally) Zuo
Fall & Spring Interns 2018-19:
- Luca Luceri (PhD student from the University of Bern, Switzerland)
Summer Interns 2018:
- Aseel Addawood (PhD student from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Ritam Dutt (IIT Kharagpur)
- Mert Ozer (PhD student from Arizona State University)
- Zhenyu Qin (Tsinghua University)
- Raj Vaza (UCSD)
- Zhao Wang (PhD student from Illinois Institute of Technology)
|AI & ML||Network Science||Data Science||HCI||Computational Social Science|
- Aug 2015 – present, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Research Assistant Professor at the University of Southern California – Viterbi School of Engineering (Department of Computer Science)
- Research Team Leader at the USC’s Information Sciences Institute (my main office is located here in Marina del Rey)
- Principal Investigator at the Machine Intelligence and Data Science research group
Currently teaching (Fall 2018/19): CSCI 599 Special Topics: Data Science for Social Systems (at USC, Los Angeles)
Former collaborators (students and postdocs)
- At USC:
- Fall 2018/Spring 2019: Adam Badawy (PhD), Ashok Deb (Phd), Palash Goyal (PhD), Homa Hosseinmardi (Postdoc), Di Huang (PhD), Hsien-Te Kao (PhD), Akira Matsui (PhD), Goran Muric (Postdoc), Anna Sapienza (Postdoc), Shen Yan (PhD), Yilei Zeng (PhD), Gao Zhenxiang (Postdoc)
- Fall 2017/Spring 2018: Adam Badawy (PhD), Ashok Deb (Phd), Palash Goyal (PhD), Homa Hosseinmardi (Postdoc), Di Huang (Visiting MSc), Hsien-Te Kao (PhD), Akira Matsui (PhD), Goran Muric (Postdoc), Anna Sapienza (Postdoc), Shen Yan (PhD), Yilei Zeng (PhD)
- Summer 2017: Sindhu Ernala (PhD), Sneha Kudugunta (PhD), Hao Peng (PhD), Iacopo Pozzana (PhD), Sree Priyanka Uppu (MSc)
- Fall 2016/Spring 2017: Adam Badawy (PhD), Alessandro Bessi (Visiting PhD), Prathmesh Gat (MSc), Palash Goyal (PhD), Margaret Martin (MSc), Simrat Singh Chhabra (MSc), Archit Srivastava (MSc), Sree Priyanka Uppu (MSc)
- Summer 2016: Laura Alessandretti (Visiting PhD), Adam Badawy (PhD), Prathmesh Gat (MSc), Chiranth Gopal (Visiting Undergrad Student), Margaret Martin (MSc)
- Fall 2015/Spring 2016: Vijayan Balasubramanian (MSc), Zeyu Dai (MSc), Zekun Li (MSc), Margaret Martin (MSc), Mahesh Tandarpally (MSc), Wenqiang Wang (MSc)
- At Indiana University: Onur Varol, Clayton A. Davis, Zeyao Yang, Lei Le, Jaehyuk Park, Qing Ke, Azadeh Nematzadeh, Prashant Shiralkar, Jasleen Kaur, Rachael Fulper, Pablo Moriano, Alex Barron, Mohsen Jafariasbagh, Michael D. Conover, Karissa McKelvey, Bryce Lewis, Kehontas Rowe
- The datasets adopted in my research on Social Networks are available on request.
- The WERW-Kpath algorithm to compute the Kpath Edge Centrality has been released.
- The CONCLUDE community detection algorithm has been released.
- The Python Data Scientist toolbox is a list of useful resources, tutorials, and libraries to proficiently use Python for Data Science.