Emilio Ferrara is a Professor of Computer Science at the Thomas Lord Department of Computer Science (USC Viterbi), Communication (USC Annenberg), and Preventive Medicine (Keck School of Medicine of USC). He’s also a Principal Scientist at the University of Southern California‘s Information Sciences Institute, and Principal Investigator of the Machine Intelligence and Data Science (MINDS) group. The HUMANS LAB‘s research core is Humans & Machines + Networks & Society and this is our team:
Emilio Ferrara (PI)
Charles (Duke) Bickham
Eun Cheol Choi
Alumni Hall of Fame
|Goran Muric||Alessandro Bessi||Homa Hosseinmardi||Anna Sapienza||Gao Zhenxiang|
|Next: Principal Scientist, InferLink Corp.||Nextbit AI, Director AI R&D||University of Pennsylvania, Senior Research Scientist||Denmark Technical University, Research Scientist||University of Connecticut, Postdoc|
|Adam Badawy||Herbert Chang||Ashok Deb||Palash Goyal||Akira Matsui||Karishma Sharma||Shen Yan||Meiqing Zhang|
|Next: Principal Data Scientist, Capital One||Assistant Professor, Darthmouth||Senior Lecturer, West Point||Senior AI Research Manager, Samsung Research||Assistant Professor, Yokohama National University||Applied Scientist, Amazon||Research Scientist, Meta||Postdoc, William & Mary|
Next: PhD at University of Pennsylvania
Big Data Developer at Huawei
Senior Research Scientist at Samsung Research
Software Development Engineer II, Amazon
Machine Learning Engineer, Applied Research at Quantiphi
Next: CS PhD student @ Virginia Tech
Software Engineer II at Amazon
Huy Tran Nghiem
CS PhD student @ University of Maryland
👨💻 Founder & Builder – Caddi 👨💻
Vandana Sreenivasa Rao
Yifei Crystal Chen
Next: Data Scientist at Facebook
Zihang Sky E
PhD student, Northwestern University
- Professor of Computer Science (USC Viterbi) (Office ANN 414A in the “new Annenberg” building) and Communication (USC Annenberg)
- Principal Scientist at the USC’s Information Sciences Institute (Office #939 at ISI in Marina del Rey)
- Principal Investigator at the Machine Intelligence and Data Science research group
- Director of the PhD program in Computer Science
- Associate Department Chair for Research Faculty Affairs, Computer Science
- The datasets adopted in my research on Social Networks are available on request.
- The WERW-Kpath algorithm to compute the Kpath Edge Centrality has been released.
- The CONCLUDE community detection algorithm has been released.
- The Python Data Scientist toolbox is a list of useful resources, tutorials, and libraries to proficiently use Python for Data Science.