CONCLUDE (COmplex Network CLUster DEtection) is a fast community detection algorithm.
The strategy consists of three steps:
- (re)weight edges by using a particular random walker;
- calculate the distance between each pair of connected nodes;
- partition the network into communities so to optimize the weighted network modularity.
CONCLUDE is computationally efficient since its cost is near linear with respect to the number of edges in the network.
The adoption of this community detection method has been proved worthy in different contexts, such as for studying online social networks and biological networks.
The only term of usage of this algorithm is the following:
- The corresponding papers are cited
Please cite this work if you use CONCLUDE.
Mixing local and global information for community detection in large networks.
P De Meo, E Ferrara, G Fiumara and A Provetti.
Journal of Computer and System Sciences, 80(1):72-87 (2014).
CONCLUDE is an improved version of the algorithm presented in the following paper, you might cite too:
Generalized Louvain method for community detection in large networks.
P De Meo, E Ferrara, G Fiumara, and A Provetti.
ISDA ’11: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications, 2011.
You can download an early implementation of CONCLUDE from HERE.
USER GUIDE ********** To launch the community detection algorithm type: java -jar CONCLUDE.jar input-filename output-filename delimiter(optional) compute-weights-only(optional) input-filename: the name of the file containing the edgelist representing the network output-filename: the output filename delimiter: this parameter is optional, default "\t" (tab-separated values); example of other options: "," (csv) or " " (space-separated values) compute-weights-only: this parameter is optional; default: 0; setting to 1, the algorithm will compute just the weights of the edges, without clustering the network. Example line commands:
- java -jar CONCLUDE.jar facebook-links.txt partition-facebook-links.txt
- java -Xmx4G -jar CONCLUDE.jar facebook-links.txt partition-facebook-links.txt
- java -Xmx4G -jar CONCLUDE.jar facebook-links.txt partition-facebook-links.txt " "
- java -Xmx4G -jar CONCLUDE.jar facebook-links.txt reweighted-facebook-links.txt "\t" 1